dialog work slow in IE7 (version container-mini 2.5.3)

  • przemyslaw.rokicki
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 5, 2008
      Hi!
      My site
      http://wspolna-flaszka.pl/profil.html
      (login test pass test )

      Why it work slowly?
      In Firefox and opera it works fast.

      P.
      ps
      i use on-line translator
    • Satyen Desai
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5, 2008

        I didn't notice any difference in the speed at which the page loaded in IE7 (the page which his loaded after login).

        I also couldn't figure out where you use the YUI Dialog, or find any JS which uses YUI, other than a single YAHOO.namespace("container") call.

        Where do you use the YUI Dialog?

        - Satyen
          > I didn't notice any difference in the speed at which the page loaded
          in IE7 (the page which his loaded after login).

          > I also couldn't figure out where you use the YUI Dialog, or find any
          JS which uses YUI, other than a single YAHOO.namespace("container") call.

          > Where do you use the YUI Dialog?

          1. go to www.wspolna-flaszka.pl
          2. enter (on left) Twoj login : test
          Twoje haslo: test
          code from image
          3. go to (past) adress http://wspolna-flaszka.pl/profil.html

          Przemek
        • Satyen Desai
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 6, 2008
            Hi Przemek,

            It could be function of the fact that you have 30 odd modal dialogs initializing/rendering on the page - appears to be 1 for each edit link on the page.

            It maybe worth looking at re-using a single instance, since you never have more than 1 modal dialog visible at a time, and either changing it's contents based on the link selected (or if you want to render all the markup up front, hiding/showing the respective markup block, inside the single Dialog's body element).

            Hope that helps,
            Satyen