Re: [ydn-javascript] wrapping text in the column of a datatable

  • Todd Wells
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2008
      Let me "revise and extend" my remarks, if I may.  I realize now that there was some other non-sam property (leftover from a yahoo example) that was specifying white-space:nowrap.  However, I removed this and I can see my white-space:normal CSS is now being applied, and yet the text is still not wrapping in the desired column.

      What CSS properties should I be setting on that column in order to allow the text to wrap?

      On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 6:30 AM, Todd Wells <ttopwells@...> wrote:
      I've assign column a "noWrapColumn" className to that column, and then in my CSS I've added a

      .noWrapColumn {
          white-space:normal !important;
      }

      However, it seems that the sam skin is still overriding it and causing it to not be wrapped.  I can see in the dom inspector that both CSS rules are there.  I don't really want to modify the sam skin as I'm not an expert at the dark art of CSS.  Are there any other simple steps I might take in order to get this to work?

      On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 6:41 AM, Satyam <satyam@...> wrote:

      There is a className property you can set on any column.  You could set that long column to have that particular style and make it wrap.  The same className will be assigned both to the headers and to the regular cells, be sure to set the selector for one and not the other.

      Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2008 3:15 PM
      Subject: [ydn-javascript] wrapping text in the column of a datatable

      How can I wrap text in the column of a datatable?  I have some arbitrarily long text without spaces (package names, e.g. com.foobar.mypackage.blah.bar.baz.bat.hullaballu.ugly.long.text.Ack).  I'm setting a column width and I would like the text to wrap, but it just truncates.

      Do I have to manually create a formatter to do this (ugh)?

      Yahoo! Groups

      w/ John McEnroe

      Join the All-Bran

      Day 10 Club.