Re: Problem with refresh page and paginator

  • rashmeep2000
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 4, 2008
      Hi Satyam,
      your example works perfectly for YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest.
      But if i am doing,
      myDataSource.sendRequest(newParams, {
      success : function (o) {alert("success");alert(o);
      var response = YAHOO.lang.JSON.parse(o.responseText);.....

      it gives JSON parse javascript error.Is it that this data is not
      available for myDataSource.sendRequest and only for
      asyncRequest...Pleasse clarify.thanks...

      > If the transmission succeeds, the information will be in the
      success case. Use the JSON utility parse method on o.ResponseText:

      > success:function (o) {
      > var response = YAHOO.lang.JSON.parse(o.responseText);
      > alert(response.replyCode);
      > alert(response.replyText);
      > }
      >
      > Satyam

      replyCode in success and failure cases of
      YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest...)..i am struggling to get
      this...please help.

      javascript@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Satyam
      > Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 11:22 PM
      > To: ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: Problem with refresh page and
      paginator

      > Now I see that part of the article got outdated. Do you actually
      need to
      > issue the call to the Connection Manager yourself? The DataSource
      is quite
      > capable of doing so, as I've shown in the article. Then, as shown
      in the
      > article, you override DataSource method doBeforeCallback
      >
      > myDataSource.doBeforeCallback = function (oRequest, oRawResponse,
      > oParsedResponse) {
      > if (oRawResponse.replyCode == 218) {
      > alert(oRawResponse.replyText);
      > }
      > return oParsedResponse;
      > };
      >
      > What is outdated is that since 2.5, oRawResponse is already
      parsed and is a
      > plain JavaScript object so you no longer need that eval there.
      See:

      {
      > if (oRawResponse.replyCode == 218) {
      > alert(oRawResponse.replyText);
      > }
      > return oRawResponse;
      > };
      >
      > In either one, if the reply has not good data, it will show the
      No Records
      > sign after you have acknoledged the alert(). You can also change
      this:

      > myDataSource.doBeforeCallback = function (oRequest, oRawResponse,
      > oParsedResponse) {
      > if (oRawResponse.replyCode == 218) {
      > alert(oRawResponse.replyText);
      > oParsedResponse.error = true; // This produces a Data Error
      > }
      > return oParsedResponse;
      > };
      >
      > Satyam