Re: Focus Paginator rowsPerPageOptions

  • y_lsmith
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2008
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "trent_andrews"
      <trent.andrews@...> wrote:

      > Is there any way I can move the focus from the RowsPerPage after a
      > change. I am trying to prevent an IE user from using the scroll wheel
      > on this box.
      >
      > I have moved the focus, but it moves back.
      >
      > Trent

      Trent,

      You can cancel the mousewheel action via
      YAHOO.util.Event.on(selectElem, 'mousewheel', function (e) {
      YAHOO.util.Event.stopEvent(e);
      });

      Moving focus is more complicated. You'd first need to decide what you
      want to move focus to, keeping in mind the window may scroll as a
      result. Then you'd need to listen for the various events that can
      affect a value change in the select element while keeping track of the
      element's open/closed state. Another caveat is when the user clicks
      to open the select options, then clicks to select the option already
      chosen (no change event would be fired). Also, keep in mind
      accessibility when modifying the interaction.

      Hope this helps,
      Luke