Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: Get utility, IE, onreadystatechange and memory leak

  • Arnaud Diederen
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2008

      Hi Thomas,

      tssha wrote:
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Arnaud Diederen <ad@...> wrote:

      Hello again team,

      this issue does not seem to passionate anyone, which I can understand ;)
      However, if I'm right, I think this would be a rather important problem.
      Can somebody tell me whether I've missed something obvious or whether
      there's, indeed, a (potentially important) memory leak in there?

      How about implementing either of the following solutions?

      1) Set the autopurge threshold to a lower limit to trigger autopurge
      more frequently (e.g., YAHOO.util.Get.PURGE_THRESH = n)?

      2) Call the purge() method of the argument object to explicitly remove
      the script node?

      Sure, that'd help.

      The point here is that the YUI does quite a few things on unload of the page (destroying the DnD entries that are left, ...) so I figured it might be worth put a handler that'd take care of the imported script nodes in the YUI itself, rather than every YUI API user having to know and care about that limitation.
      (actually, in this case, I'm not sure putting an onunload handler is the best solution: the YUI Get utility is aware when a script is loaded, so it might remove the onreadystatechange handler right away, couldn't it?)

      Meanwhile, I can still use the workarounds you proposed!

      Regards,
            A.

      Regards,
      Thomas