, "Jamie" <jamierytlewski@...> wrote:
> I am not sure if you guys are understanding what I am trying to say.
> The sorting and default sorting works fine (great even) with dates and
> text, even from the start. It is numbers that it is having problems
> with if it is sorted by a number by default.
> var myDataTable = new YAHOO.widget.DataTable("dataTable", myColumns,
> The code above if I change to a column with a number, the table will
> not sort properly on default. I have to click another field and then
> back to the id and it will sort properly. The date and string sort
> fine from the beginning, not the numbers.
I guess I still don't understand what you're trying to say. Do you
have a page we could look at? If not,
* Are you using an HTMLTABLE type DataSource for progressive enhancement?
* Does your DataSource fields definition for the numeric column use
the parser DataSource.parseNumber?
so, by which column?
* Does the DataTable's constructor parameter sortedBy match the column
the existing table is sorted by? Or correctly omitted if the table is
* Have you tried removing the sortedBy configuration?
* Does the DataTable sort incorrectly in response to a column head
click after initialized with data pre-sorted by a column other than
the numeric column? By the numeric column? With or without the