Re: Datatable 2.5.1: Paginator is too persistent

  • jeremymefford
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2 8:48 AM
      My solution was to revert to 2.5.0 :)

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jfourment"
      <julien.fourment@...> wrote:

      > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jeremymefford"
      > <jeremymefford@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I switched from datatable 2.5.0 to 2.5.1 today and noticed that now,
      > > when I view a paginated source (in my case rows > 100) the paginator
      > > shows up just like normal. However when my datasource subsequently
      > > retrieves a set with rows < 100, the paginator is still there. Now it
      > > links to empty pages. Is there a fix for this?
      > >

      > Hi,
      > I have the same problem using a search box. When the new set of data
      > is retrieved, the paginator is not refreshed to match the new size.
      > Is this a bug?
      >
      > Did you find an easy way to refresh the paginator? (I'm using
      > client-side pagination).

    • jfourment
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2 9:17 AM
        I just moved from 2.5.1 to 2.5.2! Bad move! :-)

        <jeremymefford@...> wrote:

        > My solution was to revert to 2.5.0 :)
        >
        > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jfourment"
        > <julien.fourment@> wrote:
        > >
        > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jeremymefford"
        > > <jeremymefford@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I switched from datatable 2.5.0 to 2.5.1 today and noticed that now,
        > > > when I view a paginated source (in my case rows > 100) the paginator
        > > > shows up just like normal. However when my datasource subsequently
        > > > retrieves a set with rows < 100, the paginator is still there.
        Now it
        > > > links to empty pages. Is there a fix for this?
        > > >

        > > Hi,
        > > I have the same problem using a search box. When the new set of data
        > > is retrieved, the paginator is not refreshed to match the new size.
        > > Is this a bug?
        > >
        > > Did you find an easy way to refresh the paginator? (I'm using
        > > client-side pagination).

      • y_lsmith
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 2 10:07 AM
          Try this:

          myDataSource.subscribe('responseParseEvent',function (args) {
          args.response.meta.totalRecords = args.response.results.length;
          });

          Luke

          <julien.fourment@...> wrote:

          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jeremymefford"
          > <jeremymefford@> wrote:
          > >
          > > I switched from datatable 2.5.0 to 2.5.1 today and noticed that now,
          > > when I view a paginated source (in my case rows > 100) the paginator
          > > shows up just like normal. However when my datasource subsequently
          > > retrieves a set with rows < 100, the paginator is still there. Now it
          > > links to empty pages. Is there a fix for this?
          > >

          > Hi,
          > I have the same problem using a search box. When the new set of data
          > is retrieved, the paginator is not refreshed to match the new size.
          > Is this a bug?
          >
          > Did you find an easy way to refresh the paginator? (I'm using
          > client-side pagination).

        • Neil K
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 2 10:17 AM
            by the way, Luke, I figured it all out without anyone's help.  Not to say it wasn't hard.

            Hope i can meet you one day.

            Regards,

            Neil

            <julien.fourment@ ...> wrote:

            > --- In ydn-javascript@ yahoogroups. com, "jeremymefford"
            > <jeremymefford@ > wrote:
            > >
            > > I switched from datatable 2.5.0 to 2.5.1 today and noticed that now,
            > > when I view a paginated source (in my case rows > 100) the paginator
            > > shows up just like normal. However when my datasource subsequently
            > > retrieves a set with rows < 100, the paginator is still there. Now it
            > > links to empty pages. Is there a fix for this?
            > >

            > Hi,
            > I have the same problem using a search box. When the new set of data
            > is retrieved, the paginator is not refreshed to match the new size.
            > Is this a bug?
            >
            > Did you find an easy way to refresh the paginator? (I'm using
            > client-side pagination).

          • malutanpetronel
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 3 9:13 PM
              and can you please tell me or us how you manage to fix that ? i also
              have troubles with that...

              --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Neil K <farahneptune@...>
              wrote:

              > by the way, Luke, I figured it all out without anyone's help.
              Not to say it wasn't hard.

              > Hope i can meet you one day.
              >
              > Regards,
              >

              > Neil