Re: [ydn-javascript] 2.5.2: yui/build/reset/reset.css

  • Timothy Lynn
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2008
      On 6/2/08, tom_rectenwald <tom_rectenwald@...> wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > I've been receiving an error while loading yui/build/reset/reset.css.
      > The error is coming from line 22 of the non-minimized file:
      >
      > input,textarea,select{*font-size:100%}
      >
      > It appears that the "*" should not be there. Can someone confirm
      > this; and is there a place I should log this to?

      It's an IE6 hack. If you're running your style sheets through a
      validator and these are getting flagged (along with any properties
      prefixed by _, or proprietary properties like zoom), but you can move
      them into IE-specific style sheets using comments:

      <!--[if IE]>
      <link href="/styles/why_wont_ie_die_already.css" rel="stylesheet"
      type="text/css" />
      <![endif]-->

      You can target specific versions of IE by adding a version number to
      the comment, too:
      <!--[if IE 6]>
      or
      <!--[if IE 7]>

      --
      Tim
    • tom_rectenwald
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2008
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Timothy Lynn" <tim.lynn@...>
        wrote:

        > On 6/2/08, tom_rectenwald <tom_rectenwald@...> wrote:
        > > Hello,
        > >
        > > I've been receiving an error while loading
        yui/build/reset/reset.css.
        > > The error is coming from line 22 of the non-minimized file:
        > >
        > > input,textarea,select{*font-size:100%}
        > >
        > > It appears that the "*" should not be there. Can someone
        confirm
        > > this; and is there a place I should log this to?
        >
        > It's an IE6 hack. If you're running your style sheets through a
        > validator and these are getting flagged (along with any properties
        > prefixed by _, or proprietary properties like zoom), but you can
        move
        > them into IE-specific style sheets using comments:
        >
        > <!--[if IE]>
        > <link href="/styles/why_wont_ie_die_already.css" rel="stylesheet"
        > type="text/css" />
        > <![endif]-->
        >
        > You can target specific versions of IE by adding a version number
        > the comment, too:
        > <!--[if IE 6]>
        > or
        > <!--[if IE 7]>