2.5.2: yui/build/reset/reset.css

  • tom_rectenwald
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2008
      Hello,

      I've been receiving an error while loading yui/build/reset/reset.css.
      The error is coming from line 22 of the non-minimized file:

      input,textarea,select{*font-size:100%}

      It appears that the "*" should not be there. Can someone confirm
      this; and is there a place I should log this to?

      Thanks,
      Tom
    • Timothy Lynn
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2008
        On 6/2/08, tom_rectenwald <tom_rectenwald@...> wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I've been receiving an error while loading yui/build/reset/reset.css.
        > The error is coming from line 22 of the non-minimized file:
        >
        > input,textarea,select{*font-size:100%}
        >
        > It appears that the "*" should not be there. Can someone confirm
        > this; and is there a place I should log this to?

        It's an IE6 hack. If you're running your style sheets through a
        validator and these are getting flagged (along with any properties
        prefixed by _, or proprietary properties like zoom), but you can move
        them into IE-specific style sheets using comments:

        <!--[if IE]>
        <link href="/styles/why_wont_ie_die_already.css" rel="stylesheet"
        type="text/css" />
        <![endif]-->

        You can target specific versions of IE by adding a version number to
        the comment, too:
        <!--[if IE 6]>
        or
        <!--[if IE 7]>

        --
        Tim
      • tom_rectenwald
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2008
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Timothy Lynn" <tim.lynn@...>
          wrote:

          > On 6/2/08, tom_rectenwald <tom_rectenwald@...> wrote:
          > > Hello,
          > >
          > > I've been receiving an error while loading
          yui/build/reset/reset.css.
          > > The error is coming from line 22 of the non-minimized file:
          > >
          > > input,textarea,select{*font-size:100%}
          > >
          > > It appears that the "*" should not be there. Can someone
          confirm
          > > this; and is there a place I should log this to?
          >
          > It's an IE6 hack. If you're running your style sheets through a
          > validator and these are getting flagged (along with any properties
          > prefixed by _, or proprietary properties like zoom), but you can
          move
          > them into IE-specific style sheets using comments:
          >
          > <!--[if IE]>
          > <link href="/styles/why_wont_ie_die_already.css" rel="stylesheet"
          > type="text/css" />
          > <![endif]-->
          >
          > You can target specific versions of IE by adding a version number
          > the comment, too:
          > <!--[if IE 6]>
          > or
          > <!--[if IE 7]>