Re: Datatable: sorted column background

  • y_lsmith
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 2, 2008
      Giampaolo,

      Thanks for noticing that! The code references to "asc" and "desc"
      should be "yui-dt-asc" and "yui-dt-desc" respectively.

      I'll make a note to update the example.

      Luke

      http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/datatable/dt_server_pag_sort.html

      > as you can see, sorted columns do not have the correct light-blue
      background, like they
      > have in this example:
      > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/datatable/dt_clientsorting.html
      >
      > I don't understand why: what is wrong in the first code?
      >
      > Best Regards
      >
      > Giampaolo

    • bellavite
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2008
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "y_lsmith" <lsmith@...> wrote:

        > Giampaolo,
        >
        > Thanks for noticing that! The code references to "asc" and "desc"
        > should be "yui-dt-asc" and "yui-dt-desc" respectively.

        well ok thanks...! But I'm getting a crazy searching where should I replace that values :(
        I would like the connection manager sends only 'asc' and 'desc' and not the whole class
        name, since i'm using a server side script reacting to asc and desc.

        Any hint?

        Best regards

        Giampaolo
      • y_lsmith
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2008
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "bellavite" <bellavite@...> wrote:

          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "y_lsmith" <lsmith@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Giampaolo,
          > >
          > > Thanks for noticing that! The code references to "asc" and "desc"
          > > should be "yui-dt-asc" and "yui-dt-desc" respectively.
          >
          > well ok thanks...! But I'm getting a crazy searching where should I
          replace that values :(
          > I would like the connection manager sends only 'asc' and 'desc' and
          not the whole class
          > name, since i'm using a server side script reacting to asc and desc.
          >
          > Any hint?
          >
          > Best regards
          >
          > Giampaolo

          In the handlePagination function, change
          sortedBy.dir
          sortedBy.dir.replace('yui-dt-','')

          In the handleSorting function change
          sDir = (this.get("sortedBy").dir === "asc") ?
          sDir = (this.get("sortedBy").dir.indexOf("yui-dt-") !== -1) ?

          After myDataSource is constructed, add
          myDataSource.subscribe('responseParseEvent', function (args) {
          var meta = args.response.meta;
          if (meta && meta.sortDir) {
          if (meta.sortDir.indexOf("yui-dt-") !== 0) {
          meta.sortDir = "yui-dt-" + meta.sortDir;
          });

          Hope this helps,
          Luke
        • bellavite
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 2, 2008
            Hi Luke,

            yay! 8) it's working right now :) Thank you very much!

            Giampaolo