Localizing DataTable Paginator Text

  • cbrain2008
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2008
      Hi There,

      Could somebody point me in the right direction regarding localizing
      strings in the YUI controls, specifically at the moment I would like to
      know how I can edit the following strings:

      << first< prev next >last >>

      On the paginator.

      Thanks for any support,

      Chris
    • y_lsmith
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2008
        See the example Configuring the Paginator.

        and the API docs for each of the Paginator ui components you want to change the labels for, e.g. FirstPageLink.

        Hope this helps,
        Luke

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "cbrain2008" <chrisbrain@...> wrote:

        > Hi There,
        >
        > Could somebody point me in the right direction regarding localizing
        > strings in the YUI controls, specifically at the moment I would like to
        > know how I can edit the following strings:
        >
        > << first< prev next >last >>
        >
        > On the paginator.
        >
        > Thanks for any support,
        >
        > Chris

      • cbrain2008
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2008
          Perfect Luke,

          Thanks - I was able to add 4 configuration options to the paginator
          to alter the text as needed:

          myPaginator2 = new YAHOO.widget.Paginator({
          rowsPerPage: cfg.PageSize,
          firstPageLinkLabel: 'First Page',
          previousPageLinkLabel: 'Previous Page',
          nextPageLinkLabel: 'Next Page',
          lastPageLinkLabel: 'Last Page'
          });

          Cheers,

          Chris

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "y_lsmith" <lsmith@...> wrote:

          > See the example Configuring the Paginator

          <http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/datatable/pg_paginator_exhibi
          ti\
          > on.html> .
          >
          > and the API docs for each of the Paginator ui components you want to
          > change the labels for, e.g. FirstPageLink

          <http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.widget.Paginator.ui.FirstPa
          ge\