Re: Datatable 2.5.1: Paginator is too persistent

  • jfourment
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2, 2008
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jeremymefford"
      <jeremymefford@...> wrote:

      > I switched from datatable 2.5.0 to 2.5.1 today and noticed that now,
      > when I view a paginated source (in my case rows > 100) the paginator
      > shows up just like normal. However when my datasource subsequently
      > retrieves a set with rows < 100, the paginator is still there. Now it
      > links to empty pages. Is there a fix for this?

      Hi,
      I have the same problem using a search box. When the new set of data
      is retrieved, the paginator is not refreshed to match the new size.
      Is this a bug?

      Did you find an easy way to refresh the paginator? (I'm using
      client-side pagination).
    • jeremymefford
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2, 2008
        My solution was to revert to 2.5.0 :)

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jfourment"
        <julien.fourment@...> wrote:

        > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jeremymefford"
        > <jeremymefford@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I switched from datatable 2.5.0 to 2.5.1 today and noticed that now,
        > > when I view a paginated source (in my case rows > 100) the paginator
        > > shows up just like normal. However when my datasource subsequently
        > > retrieves a set with rows < 100, the paginator is still there. Now it
        > > links to empty pages. Is there a fix for this?
        > >

        > Hi,
        > I have the same problem using a search box. When the new set of data
        > is retrieved, the paginator is not refreshed to match the new size.
        > Is this a bug?
        >
        > Did you find an easy way to refresh the paginator? (I'm using
        > client-side pagination).

      • jfourment
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 2, 2008
          I just moved from 2.5.1 to 2.5.2! Bad move! :-)

          <jeremymefford@...> wrote:

          > My solution was to revert to 2.5.0 :)
          >
          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jfourment"
          > <julien.fourment@> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jeremymefford"
          > > <jeremymefford@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > I switched from datatable 2.5.0 to 2.5.1 today and noticed that now,
          > > > when I view a paginated source (in my case rows > 100) the paginator
          > > > shows up just like normal. However when my datasource subsequently
          > > > retrieves a set with rows < 100, the paginator is still there.
          Now it
          > > > links to empty pages. Is there a fix for this?
          > > >

          > > Hi,
          > > I have the same problem using a search box. When the new set of data
          > > is retrieved, the paginator is not refreshed to match the new size.
          > > Is this a bug?
          > >
          > > Did you find an easy way to refresh the paginator? (I'm using
          > > client-side pagination).

        • y_lsmith
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 2, 2008
            Try this:

            myDataSource.subscribe('responseParseEvent',function (args) {
            args.response.meta.totalRecords = args.response.results.length;
            });

            Luke

            <julien.fourment@...> wrote:

            > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "jeremymefford"
            > <jeremymefford@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I switched from datatable 2.5.0 to 2.5.1 today and noticed that now,
            > > when I view a paginated source (in my case rows > 100) the paginator
            > > shows up just like normal. However when my datasource subsequently
            > > retrieves a set with rows < 100, the paginator is still there. Now it
            > > links to empty pages. Is there a fix for this?
            > >

            > Hi,
            > I have the same problem using a search box. When the new set of data
            > is retrieved, the paginator is not refreshed to match the new size.
            > Is this a bug?
            >
            > Did you find an easy way to refresh the paginator? (I'm using
            > client-side pagination).

          • Neil K
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 2, 2008
              by the way, Luke, I figured it all out without anyone's help.  Not to say it wasn't hard.

              Hope i can meet you one day.

              Regards,

              Neil

              <julien.fourment@ ...> wrote:

              > --- In ydn-javascript@ yahoogroups. com, "jeremymefford"
              > <jeremymefford@ > wrote:
              > >
              > > I switched from datatable 2.5.0 to 2.5.1 today and noticed that now,
              > > when I view a paginated source (in my case rows > 100) the paginator
              > > shows up just like normal. However when my datasource subsequently
              > > retrieves a set with rows < 100, the paginator is still there. Now it
              > > links to empty pages. Is there a fix for this?
              > >

              > Hi,
              > I have the same problem using a search box. When the new set of data
              > is retrieved, the paginator is not refreshed to match the new size.
              > Is this a bug?
              >
              > Did you find an easy way to refresh the paginator? (I'm using
              > client-side pagination).

            • malutanpetronel
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 3, 2008
                and can you please tell me or us how you manage to fix that ? i also
                have troubles with that...

                --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Neil K <farahneptune@...>
                wrote:

                > by the way, Luke, I figured it all out without anyone's help.
                Not to say it wasn't hard.

                > Hope i can meet you one day.
                >
                > Regards,
                >

                > Neil