Re: Menu: iFrame shim over flash?

  • Łukasz Serwatka
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
      jeremymefford wrote:
      > My menus are disappearing behind embedded flash objects below them.
      > Is there any way to iframe shim them like they do for the weird select
      > bug in IE?

      Hi,

      You can try add <param name="wmode" value="opaque" /> to your flash
      object code or tune the z-index (CSS property for z-axis control). See
      Menu doc for zindex property.

    • jeremymefford
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
        Unfortunately since the menu is laying over dynamic content there is
        no way to modify the flash and it seems that no matter how high I
        stack the zindex it's still below flash. I believe flash has a
        z-index of infinity in browsers?

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Łukasz Serwatka
        <l.serwatka@...> wrote:

        > jeremymefford wrote:
        > > My menus are disappearing behind embedded flash objects below them.
        > > Is there any way to iframe shim them like they do for the weird select
        > > bug in IE?
        > >
        > Hi,
        >
        > You can try add <param name="wmode" value="opaque" /> to your flash
        > object code or tune the z-index (CSS property for z-axis control). See
        > Menu doc for zindex property.
        >
        > --

      • Todd Kloots
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 6, 2008
          Jeremy -

          I have documented all of the known issues with Menu and Flash content on
          the Menu landing page:

          http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/menu/#knownissues

          - Todd