I want to run a function when user click close button on YUI Dialog box

  • Thamizhinpan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2008
      I'm trying to create a dialog with YUI.
      I want to run a function when user click close button on it. But how
      can I do it?
      And I wish to make that dialog box auto resizable (for the contents
      width & height) Can I do it?
    • Thamizhinpan
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3, 2008
          Oh No! No one can answer to my question until yet.
          Can any one answer atleast 1 question?

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Thamizhinpan"
          <thamizhinpan@...> wrote:

          > I'm trying to create a dialog with YUI.
          > I want to run a function when user click close button on it. But how
          > can I do it?
          > And I wish to make that dialog box auto resizable (for the contents
          > width & height) Can I do it?

        • jeremymefford
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 3, 2008
            A simple way to have a function run is to subscribe to the hide event.

            http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.widget.Module.html#event_hideEvent

            this is nice because it will run regardless of whether they click the
            X in the corner or they click your close button (as long as your close
            button calls hide() eventually).

            var dialog = new YAHOO.widget.Dialog({...});
            dialog.hideEvent.subscribe(function(){});

            There are examples as to how to make the panel resizable on the
            developer site.

            http://developer.yahoo.com/yui

            Best-
            Jeremy