What am I doing wrong here?

  • Vasu Adiga
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2008
      I am not sure why the below code doesn't work. If I change the first
      yui-gc div to yui-ge, then it shows up properly.

      <head>
      <title>YUI Base Page</title>
      <link rel="stylesheet"
      href="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.5.1/build/reset-fonts-grids/reset-fonts-grids.css"
      type="text/css">
      </head>
      Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.
      Maecenas sit amet metus. Nunc quam elit, posuere nec, auctor in,
      rhoncus quis, dui. Aliquam erat volutpat. Ut dignissim, massa sit amet
      dignissim cursus, quam lacus feugiat.
      Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.
      Maecenas sit amet metus. Nunc quam elit, posuere nec, auctor in,
      rhoncus quis, dui. Aliquam erat volutpat. Ut dignissim, massa sit amet
      dignissim cursus, quam lacus feugiat.
      Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.
      Maecenas sit amet metus. Nunc quam elit, posuere nec, auctor in,
      rhoncus quis, dui. Aliquam erat volutpat. Ut dignissim, massa sit amet
      dignissim cursus, quam lacus feugiat.
      Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Maecenas
      sit amet metus. Nunc quam elit, posuere nec, auctor in, rhoncus quis,
      dui. Aliquam erat volutpat. Ut dignissim, massa sit amet dignissim
      cursus, quam lacus feugiat.
    • marcodontsaypolo
      Message 2 of 5 , May 31, 2008
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Vasu Adiga" <bavasudeva@...>
        wrote:

        > I am not sure why the below code doesn't work. If I change the first
        > yui-gc div to yui-ge, then it shows up properly.

        > <head>
        > <title>YUI Base Page</title>
        > <link rel="stylesheet"

        href="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.5.1/build/reset-fonts-grids/reset-fonts-grids.css"
        > type="text/css">
        > </head>
        > Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.
        > Maecenas sit amet metus. Nunc quam elit, posuere nec, auctor in,
        > rhoncus quis, dui. Aliquam erat volutpat. Ut dignissim, massa sit amet
        > dignissim cursus, quam lacus feugiat.
        > Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.
        > Maecenas sit amet metus. Nunc quam elit, posuere nec, auctor in,
        > rhoncus quis, dui. Aliquam erat volutpat. Ut dignissim, massa sit amet
        > dignissim cursus, quam lacus feugiat.
        > Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.
        > Maecenas sit amet metus. Nunc quam elit, posuere nec, auctor in,
        > rhoncus quis, dui. Aliquam erat volutpat. Ut dignissim, massa sit amet
        > dignissim cursus, quam lacus feugiat.
        > Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Maecenas
        > sit amet metus. Nunc quam elit, posuere nec, auctor in, rhoncus quis,
        > dui. Aliquam erat volutpat. Ut dignissim, massa sit amet dignissim
        > cursus, quam lacus feugiat.

        Hi, I am not sure how you want the layout to result but removing the
        second <div class="yui-ge first"> and closing tab will also make it
        work. If your stuck you can also try the grid builder -
        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/grids/builder/

        Thanks, marco
      • Vasu Adiga
        Message 3 of 5 , May 31, 2008
          I know how to make it work, that's not the issue. The issue is: Why is
          it not creating the layout that I want?

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "marcodontsaypolo"
          <marcodontsaypolo@...> wrote:

          > --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Vasu Adiga" <bavasudeva@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I am not sure why the below code doesn't work. If I change the first
          > > yui-gc div to yui-ge, then it shows up properly.
          > >

          > > <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"
          > > "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
          > > <head>
          > > <title>YUI Base Page</title>
          > > <link rel="stylesheet"

          href="http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.5.1/build/reset-fonts-grids/reset-fonts-grids.css"
          > > type="text/css">
          > > </head>
          > > Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.
          > > Maecenas sit amet metus. Nunc quam elit, posuere nec, auctor in,
          > > rhoncus quis, dui. Aliquam erat volutpat. Ut dignissim, massa sit amet
          > > dignissim cursus, quam lacus feugiat.
          > > Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.
          > > Maecenas sit amet metus. Nunc quam elit, posuere nec, auctor in,
          > > rhoncus quis, dui. Aliquam erat volutpat. Ut dignissim, massa sit amet
          > > dignissim cursus, quam lacus feugiat.
          > > Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit.
          > > Maecenas sit amet metus. Nunc quam elit, posuere nec, auctor in,
          > > rhoncus quis, dui. Aliquam erat volutpat. Ut dignissim, massa sit amet
          > > dignissim cursus, quam lacus feugiat.
          > > Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Maecenas
          > > sit amet metus. Nunc quam elit, posuere nec, auctor in, rhoncus quis,
          > > dui. Aliquam erat volutpat. Ut dignissim, massa sit amet dignissim
          > > cursus, quam lacus feugiat.
          > >
          > Hi, I am not sure how you want the layout to result but removing the
          > second <div class="yui-ge first"> and closing tab will also make it
          > work. If your stuck you can also try the grid builder -
          > http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/grids/builder/
          >
          > Thanks, marco

        • marcodontsaypolo
          Message 4 of 5 , May 31, 2008
            I see what you mean. It seems that nesting yui-ge within yui-gc is
            causing the problem. It's adding the margin-left: 1.99%, if I remove
            that then the two right columns become top aligned - that is what
            you're trying to do correct? I'm not sure what the correct solution is
            but here is a hack:
            .yui-gc .yui-ge .yui-g{margin-left:0;}
          • Vasu Adiga
            Message 5 of 5 , May 31, 2008