UpLoader Back-end explanation needed!

  • ricsterware
    Message 1 of 3 , May 30 7:07 PM
      Newbie here, (old asp, vbscripter), and I am trying to emplement the
      uploader. I can follow the instructions fairly well until I get to
      the 'YOUR UPLOAD URL GOES HERE'. My question is: how do I receive the
      upload? Can it be done with asp, or javascript? Are there any working
      examples available?

      Any help would be appreciated.
    • Joe Desbonnet
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2008
        It's the exact same code as you would use with a regular HTML file
        upload form. How you code this is completely dependent on your server
        side platform.

        I've spent the last day getting it to work with Java JSP/Servlets and
        I can help you there if you need example code.

        For other platforms I suggest you start with regular file upload via
        HTML forms. Once you have verified that works correctly next try
        adapting it to work with the YUI Uploader.

        Joe

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "ricsterware" <ricster@...> wrote:

        > Newbie here, (old asp, vbscripter), and I am trying to emplement the
        > uploader. I can follow the instructions fairly well until I get to
        > the 'YOUR UPLOAD URL GOES HERE'. My question is: how do I receive the
        > upload? Can it be done with asp, or javascript? Are there any working
        > examples available?
        >
        > Any help would be appreciated.

      • dsmith21401
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 11, 2008
          I am using the Uploader with ColdFusion and it works great. Even
          though you are using an HTML form, ColdFusion is actually handling the
          upload. It goes into ColdFusion's "temp" folder, then I need to use
          some tags (CFFILE) to actually handle the file once it's been
          received. I'm sure each app server works a little different, but
          that's the gist of it.

          Also, your URL must poing to a file, not just a folder. This held me
          back for a short while until I figured it out.