YUI Overlay - html:link not working with MOUSEOVER event listener

  • Raja
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2008

      I have an Overlay, which is a popup, with a 'mouseout' and 'mouseover'
      event listeners added to it, each calling two different functions. In
      the popup i have html:link struts tag creating links to different web
      pages. These links do not work as the mouseover event collides with it.
      I need to click really fast for the links to work or the new page to
      load. Below is a sample code for creating the overlays:

      var theCell = symbolCells[i];
      var cellElement = new YAHOO.util.Element(theCell);
      var symbol = cellElement.getElementsByTagName('A')[0].innerHTML;
      var overlay = new YAHOO.widget.Overlay("overlay" + i, {
      context:[theCell,"tl","tr"],visible:false,width:"175px"} );

      overlay.symbolCell = cellElement;
      overlay.render(document.body);

      YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(theCell, "mouseover", showSymbolInfo,
      overlay, true);
      YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(theCell, "mouseout", timeoutSymbolInfo,
      overlay);
      YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(overlay.element, "mouseover",
      showSymbolInfo, overlay);
      YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(overlay.element, "mouseout",
      timeoutSymbolInfo, overlay);

      I'm trying to render the overlay in a different function. In the
      footer for each of these overlays there are several links referring to
      different web pages.

      Thank you,
      Raja