RE: [ydn-javascript] Many dialogs in a single page

  • Satyen Desai
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2008
      Hi,
      If you're referring to space taken up by rendered but hidden Dialogs, then you can set their position to [0, 0] (or offscreen top/left if your Dialogs are larger than the static content on the page) as opposed to leaving them in their default DOM positions.

      If you're referring to space taken up by the markup for a Dialog before it has been initialized/rendered, then the approach you mention, using display, is fine. You do lose out on the progressive enhancement value, unless you introduce this using JS, using say a class applied to body - but you need to make sure you set the display back to block BEFORE the Dialog is initialized

      Here's an example which covers both the above:

      http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v252/examples/container/docsize.html

      Regards,
      Satyen

      p.s. If you are resetting the display BEFORE you initialize the dialog and if you have a page where you're seeing the "all grey screen" I can take a look at it.