Re: Multiple YUI modal dialogs opened one from another

  • Satyen Desai
    Message 1 of 7 , May 30, 2008
      Sorry about the delayed response. Although container doesn't currently
      support "nested" modality out of the box, you can achieve nested
      modality using the hide/show mask events.

      See:
      http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v252/examples/container/nestedModalityJS
      .html

      Regards,
      Satyen

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Frank" <frank.schmaus@...>
      wrote:

      > I have one more question regarding my fix for that problem:
      >
      > It is possible to find YAHOO.widget.Button elements by some sort of
      > static function in the button class itself. I did not find something
      > like that for modules, panels and so on, although I'm quite sure that
      > YUI will keep a list of all those elements.
      >
      > Does anyone know how to access this information in a clean way? E.g.
      > when I have a div node which shows to be a panel (e.g. by the css
      > classes it has) how to get the underlying Panel YUI instance?

    • Satyen Desai
      Message 2 of 7 , May 30, 2008
        OverlayManager currently provides lookup functionality for Overlay based widgets, however they do need to be registered with it.

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/docs/YAHOO.widget.OverlayManager.html#method_find

        Creating your own lookup table/hash is probably more effective, if you don't need to leverage the other OverlayManager pieces of functionality.

        Regards,
        Satyen

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 10, 2008
          Hey Satyen,

          thanks for nested modality example, helps alot.

          Now the nested modality problem is fixed, but i still have one small
          issue in IE 6. If I have a combo-box in the main screen when the
          first dialog pops up the combo disapear, then when the second dialog
          pops up the combo is still hidden, but when the second dialog is
          closed the combo become visible.

          This is because in the hideMask method of container the
          class "masked" is removed from the body. Because "masked" class is
          removed after hideMaskEvent fires i can not add "masked" class to the
          document.body again within the hideMaskEvent listener.

          Is it there any posibility to change, for futher versions of yui, the
          hideMask method from container so that the "masked" class be removed
          before hideMaskEvent fires?

          Cheers,
          Valentin

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Satyen Desai" <sdesai@...>

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 3, 2008
            Hi sorry about the delay in responding - Yes, I'll probably change this in the next release, so that a nested modal implementation is easier to achieve.

            I updated the example below for another post, to add the "masked" class, which should handle your use case.