Does the datatable resize after first render?

  • dkeesey
    Message 1 of 2 , May 29 3:49 PM
      We're using a scrollable (scrollable = true; height = 420;) data table
      to present data in a modal dialog window, where it takes up most of
      the window's space. If the user resizes the dialog (eg: to make it
      bigger) I'd like the data table to expand vertically.

      After getting an object handle on the datatable as var dt, which I've
      confirmed works, subsequent lines:

      dt._configs.height = newHeight;
      dt.render();

      make the data table expand to full height with a scrollbar that is
      almost the full height (only a few px of scroll).

      There does not seem to be a good way to do this though! Any ideas?
    • jennykhan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2008
        Hi Dean,

        This is what you should do:

        // newHeight is a string with units, like "500px"
        myDataTable.set("height", newHeight);

        Regards,
        Jenny