Menu: iFrame shim over flash?

  • jeremymefford
    Message 1 of 4 , May 23, 2008
      My menus are disappearing behind embedded flash objects below them.
      Is there any way to iframe shim them like they do for the weird select
      bug in IE?
    • Łukasz Serwatka
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
        jeremymefford wrote:
        > My menus are disappearing behind embedded flash objects below them.
        > Is there any way to iframe shim them like they do for the weird select
        > bug in IE?

        Hi,

        You can try add <param name="wmode" value="opaque" /> to your flash
        object code or tune the z-index (CSS property for z-axis control). See
        Menu doc for zindex property.

      • jeremymefford
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
          Unfortunately since the menu is laying over dynamic content there is
          no way to modify the flash and it seems that no matter how high I
          stack the zindex it's still below flash. I believe flash has a
          z-index of infinity in browsers?

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, Łukasz Serwatka
          <l.serwatka@...> wrote:

          > jeremymefford wrote:
          > > My menus are disappearing behind embedded flash objects below them.
          > > Is there any way to iframe shim them like they do for the weird select
          > > bug in IE?
          > >
          > Hi,
          >
          > You can try add <param name="wmode" value="opaque" /> to your flash
          > object code or tune the z-index (CSS property for z-axis control). See
          > Menu doc for zindex property.
          >
          > --

        • Todd Kloots
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 6, 2008
            Jeremy -

            I have documented all of the known issues with Menu and Flash content on
            the Menu landing page:

            http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/menu/#knownissues

            - Todd