Re: Customizing connection manager

  • Thomas S. Sha
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2006
      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Atif Aziz" <atif.aziz@...> wrote:
      > Incidentally, why do you use a timer at all as opposed to an event-based
      > approach with onreadystatechange?

      The closure assigned to the onreadystatechange event handler is a
      known leak vector in IE. The commonly proposed solution is to bind an
      empty function to it (e.g.,onreadystatechange = function(){ return
      null; }). However, the timer implementation bypasses binding any
      closure to the event handler, and instead monitors the readyState
      property to determine when a transaction has completed.

      > Assuming there's a good reason for polling and that the next release is
      > more than a week away :), a fix would be most appreciated!

      I will provide a follow up post on this query shortly.

      Regards,
      Thomas