Resetting the context when using DataTable

  • Timothy Stone

      I struggled with this one and thought I would share, and see if there
      was a better way from more experienced users:

      var resetContextPosition = function() {
      this.cfg.setProperty("context",
      [this.cfg.config.context.value[0],"bl","tr"]);
      };

      YAHOO
      .acd.tools.roompanel.beforeShowEvent.subscribe(resetContextPosition);

      Why am I doing this? Seems that when you create a DataTable the view
      port internals change and Panels do not get updated. So if the context
      element of a given Panel moves down, the Panel will appear, anchored
      to the context in the position that the context was prior to the
      DataTable insertion.

      Maybe this is a bug. Maybe I didn't see a better way to "reset the
      internals of the of context." Comments and suggestions welcome.

      Regards,
      Tim