Re: [ydn-javascript] Disable Controls

  • Michael Terry
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2008
      This is a fantastic idea. I'll do it.

      Michael

      On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 2:01 PM, Satyam <satyam@...> wrote:

      You can enable and disable some controls, but not the calendar.  One way you might want to try is, if they are all within a single container, you can put on it a floating panel, actually an Overlay from the Container family, of exactly the same size and with a semi-transparent background. That's the trick used to make Simple Dialog modal, see:

      This is the style used on the mask:

      .yui-skin-sam .mask {container.css (line 7)
          background-color:#000000;
          opacity:0.25;
      }

      or you could use a transparent background with some image containing alternate transparent and colored pixels.

      Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 7:57 PM
      Subject: Re: [ydn-javascript] Disable Controls

      Hi Satyam,

      I couldn't use the built-in cell editors for reasons too boring to bring up now, unfortunately. It would have been really nice if I could have. No, I have a panel of editors above the table, but if no rows are selected, I'd like them disabled. Although I haven't looked into it too much, I'm thinking I can lock all the inputs and the textarea. I know I can lock the sliders. The two that seem the most problematic:

      1. The autocomplete. I have it set to always stay open. I can't think of an easy way to block it from user interaction and visually indicate it's disabled status. I didn't see anything in the api.

      2. The calendar. I actually haven't checked the api on this one yet, but I don't remember anything from when I was browsing it before.

      Your articles were *extremely* helpful, by the way, thanks.

      Michael

      On Thu, May 1, 2008 at 10:40 AM, Satyam <satyam@...> wrote:

      If you are using the in-line cell editors, you are listening to "cellClickEvent" and passing that on to onEventShowCellEditor.  Make that conditional.

       The cursor, though, will still change shape to a pointing hand.  You can fix that easily by combining Dom.batch and the Selector component to remove the "yui-dt-editable" class, which is the one that sets the cursor. You can also render the table again, and it should change the cursor setting.  You might also change the setting for the "yui-dt-editable" class, whichever is easier

      Sent: Thursday, May 01, 2008 7:19 PM
      Subject: [ydn-javascript] Disable Controls

      I have a set of controls that edits rows in a datatable, several autocompletes and sliders. Sometimes I want the controls to be in a disabled state so no editing can be done. What is a good UI strategy for this? The YUI controls don't seem to have a feature for this built in.

      Michael

      Checked by AVG.

      Checked by AVG.