Fixed columns in Datatable

  • vincent_os
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2 8:33 AM
      Is it possible to fix/lock the first n cloumns in the data table to
      prevent them from moving when the user is scrolling back and forth in
      datatables with many columns.

      This feature is provided in active-widgets, a product we are trying to
      move away from due to its poor documentation (great set of features
      available in there tables however).

      Thanks,
      -Vincent.
    • y_lsmith
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2 10:34 AM
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "vincent_os" <vincent_os@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi,
        > Is it possible to fix/lock the first n cloumns in the data table to
        > prevent them from moving when the user is scrolling back and forth in
        > datatables with many columns.
        >
        > This feature is provided in active-widgets, a product we are trying to
        > move away from due to its poor documentation (great set of features
        > available in there tables however).
        >
        > Thanks,
        > -Vincent.

        Vincent,

        Sorry, but fixed columns aren't yet supported. They are on the
        feature list for upcoming versions of DataTable, though, so keep an
        eye out!

        Luke