RE: URGENT:inline editing

  • Rashmi Y. Prasad
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2008

      Hi all,

      The first row in my data table contains identifier for that particular row.

      When I inline edit  a particular cell, I want that identifier which is nothing but, first cell of that particular row which contains the edited cell.

      Can somebody provide the javascript for the same., since I tried a lot, I am not able to get..

      Thanks,

    • Alexandru Lupu
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2008
        Hi!
        sorry i didn't understood very good, but, i think you can use something like:

         this.formatAddress = function(elCell, oRecord, oColumn, oData) {
            // here is your code ...
            oRecord._sId.replace("yui-rec","");
            // this line ^^ extracts the row id from the datatable and replace "Yui-rec" with nothing. Usually, the row in datatables are like: yui-rec0, yui-rec1 etc...
            // in your custom formater function write something like
            alert(oRecord._sId);
        };

        i hope this would help you out.
        have a nice day!
        alecs

        "Rashmi Y. Prasad" <RPrasad2@...> wrote:
        Hi all,

        The first row in my data table contains identifier for that particular row.
        When I inline edit  a particular cell, I want that identifier which is nothing but, first cell of that particular row which contains the edited cell.

        Can somebody provide the javascript for the same., since I tried a lot, I am not able to get..

        Thanks,

        All new Yahoo! Mail - Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane.

        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2008