Progressive enhancement of Datatable control

  • mattibbals
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2008
      Hi!

      I was wondering if it would be possible to instantiate the Datatable
      control without having it re-render the table.

      I was thinking that I would like to have the server render the table
      markup using the same id and class names that the YUI Datatable
      control uses and then just attach the event handlers to the column
      names for sorting and to the pagination links for pagination. That
      way I could have a functioning YUI datatable without having the JS
      render the table.

      I have been trying to get this work with server side pagination and
      sorting, but I think that if I could stop the table from re-rendering
      in the Progressive Enhancement example then I could also do this with
      a more complicated example.

      Just wondering if anyone else has tried this - or if anyone has any
      suggestions as to what I might try to get this to work.

      Thanks!

      Matt
    • y_lsmith
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2008
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "mattibbals" <mattibbals@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi!
        >
        > I was wondering if it would be possible to instantiate the Datatable
        > control without having it re-render the table.
        >
        > I was thinking that I would like to have the server render the table
        > markup using the same id and class names that the YUI Datatable
        > control uses and then just attach the event handlers to the column
        > names for sorting and to the pagination links for pagination. That
        > way I could have a functioning YUI datatable without having the JS
        > render the table.
        >
        > I have been trying to get this work with server side pagination and
        > sorting, but I think that if I could stop the table from re-rendering
        > in the Progressive Enhancement example then I could also do this with
        > a more complicated example.
        >
        > Just wondering if anyone else has tried this - or if anyone has any
        > suggestions as to what I might try to get this to work.
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Matt

        Matt,

        At this time, DataTable blows away the existing markup to guarantee a
        DOM structure it needs to support its configurable features.

        Luke