question about get and purge

  • Douglas Cameron Mauch
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1 11:00 AM
      I am dynamically loading some javascript using the get function.
      Works great. When I call the purge method, it looks like it worked,
      but didn't really. There is no javascript errors. The line in the
      source created by the initial get is gone. But calls to functions
      from the dynamically loaded javascript still work. ???
    • Adam Moore
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1 11:13 AM
        On Thu, May 01, 2008 at 06:00:59PM -0000, Douglas Cameron Mauch wrote:
        > I am dynamically loading some javascript using the get function.
        > Works great. When I call the purge method, it looks like it worked,
        > but didn't really. There is no javascript errors. The line in the
        > source created by the initial get is gone. But calls to functions
        > from the dynamically loaded javascript still work. ???

        This is the intended behavior. purge() removes the nodes that were
        inserted. Evaluated script will continue to be available, CSS rules
        will not.

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/get/#args

        -Adam