RE: [ydn-javascript] (2.3.0) Pressing [Enter] on async Dialog forces POST submit in FF/Saf

  • Satyen Desai
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2008

      Version 2.3.1 fixes the 2nd issue you mention, so that anything which would cause a normal form submission (e.g. hitting the enter key on a single text field form, hitting a submit button on the form) would be routed through the Dialog's configured submission method instead:
      http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v251/examples/container/dialogSubmit.html

      The first issue you mention is default browser behavior (the form being submitted when the user hits enter on a single text field form) and we don't attempt to change it. You can setup a key listener to prevent this default browser behavior in your app if you so choose.

      Regards,
      Satyen
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2008
        Thank you very much for your clarification, and for confirming my work
        around. I created a listener that intercepts the [Enter] key press
        and performs the desired behavior until we get the upgrades in place.