(2.3.0) Pressing [Enter] on async Dialog forces POST submit in FF/Saf

  • monsieurdizzy
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2008
      Hello, everyone.

      I am guessing this was an issue that was fixed in later versions of
      YUI as we've missed a few upgrades, but I wanted to confirm before
      attempting to tackle the problem any further. We want all our
      existing bugs squashed before upgrading to the latest version of YUI.

      We have a number of Dialogs on our website. These Dialogs do not have
      their "postmethod" attribute configured, so they use the default
      asynchronous method. There are also no KeyListeners defined.

      However, in Firefox and Safari, when the user presses the [Enter] key
      while the Dialog box is in focus, the Dialog box submits. Not only
      that, but instead of using the default asynchronous method, it submits
      using a POST, which causes all kinds of crazy things to happen, not
      the least of which being a page reload.

      Is this a known issue that was remedied in later versions of YUI, or
      is something else mysterious going on?

      Thank you very much.
    • Satyen Desai
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2008

        Version 2.3.1 fixes the 2nd issue you mention, so that anything which would cause a normal form submission (e.g. hitting the enter key on a single text field form, hitting a submit button on the form) would be routed through the Dialog's configured submission method instead:
        http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v251/examples/container/dialogSubmit.html

        The first issue you mention is default browser behavior (the form being submitted when the user hits enter on a single text field form) and we don't attempt to change it. You can setup a key listener to prevent this default browser behavior in your app if you so choose.

        Regards,
        Satyen

        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2008
          Thank you very much for your clarification, and for confirming my work
          around. I created a listener that intercepts the [Enter] key press
          and performs the desired behavior until we get the upgrades in place.