Re: DataTable pagination issue (YUI version 2.5.0)

  • amirlaher
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2008
      Satyam you're a hero!

      Your example was enlightening, thanks.

      All I needed to do was define a doBeforeCallback:

      myDataSource.doBeforeCallback = function(oRequest, oFullResponse,
      oParsedResponse) {
      oParsedResponse.totalRecords =
      parseInt(SENRO.clientsearch.resultcount);
      return oParsedResponse;
      };

      My global object, SENRO, stores the totalRecords so I just used that -
      perfect.

      I'm not sure why it's necessary but this is a far more satisfactory
      workaround than the one I hacked together

      Thanks again, I'm bookmarking your example for future reference

      > My own sample is not really different from the example along the
      docs, but
      > it might give you some clue.
      >
      > http://www.satyam.com.ar/yui/2.5.0/dt_serverdriven.html
      >
      > Satyam

      getResponseSchemaFields(SENRO.clientsearch.columnDefs),

      {"recordsReturned":300,"totalRecords":5222,"startIndex":0,"sort":null,"dir":"asc"","records":[{"status":"1",

      > > --
      > > 30/04/2008 18:10

    • bretlevy
      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2008
        Amir:

        Can you try taking the quotes off the object literals in your
        returned JSON? You said you return this:

        {"recordsReturned":300,"totalRecords":5222,"startIndex":0,"sort":null,
        "dir":"asc"","records":[{"status":"1",...

        Try:

        {recordsReturned:300,totalRecords:5222,startIndex:0,sort:null,dir:"asc
        ",records:[{status:"1",...

        I also notice you have an extra quote (") after the "asc" value.
        This might solve your problem.

        Hope it helps...

        ~~bret

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "amirlaher" <amirlaher@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi there,
        >
        > The DataTable is a beautiful thing, but I've had one issue with
        it...

        > I've got serverside pagination working, but for some reason the
        > totalRecords wasn't being recognised without a hack. For some reason
        > it uses the recordsReturned value in place of totalRecords.
        >
        > ::: My responseSchema looks like this:
        > SENRO.clientsearch.myDataSource.responseSchema = {
        > resultsList: 'records',
        > fields: getResponseSchemaFields
        (SENRO.clientsearch.columnDefs),
        > metaFields : {
        > totalRecords: 'totalRecords',
        > paginationRecordOffset : "startIndex"
        > }
        > };
        >
        > ::: My server's JSON results look like this:

        {"recordsReturned":300,"totalRecords":5222,"startIndex":0,"sort":null,
        "dir":"asc"","records":[{"status":"1",

        > ** My config looks like this
        > SENRO.clientsearch.configs = {
        > initialRequest : initRequest,
        > generateRequest :
        SENRO.clientsearch.buildQueryString,
        > paginator: new YAHOO.widget.Paginator
        ({

        Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2008
          Actually, you might do worse by taking those quotes out. If you include the
          json component, the DataSource will use it and that one does expect the
          property names to be enclosed in quotes, which is what the standard says.
          If you don't include YUI's JSON component, the original parser in the
          DataSource will tolerate those absent quotes.

> [...]
          >> paginationEventHandler :
          >> YAHOO.widget.DataTable.handleDataSourcePagination,
          >> recordOffset: 0
          >> };
          >>
          >> I haven't posted the whole of the code because it's not for public
          >> consumption, let me know if you need more info.
          >>
          >> The hack I used to fix it was to store the totalRecords amount
          >> separately in the page, and hack together a different
          >> paginationEventHandler.
          >> I copied and pasted the handleSimplePagination and
          >> handleDataSourcePagination functions straight out of
          >> datatable-beta-debug.js, and hard-coded the totalRecords value into
          > my
          >> modified handleSimplePagination function.
          >>
          >> I can live with this, but it's not ideal. I can't really figure out
          >> what's wrong with my setup that it's not taking note of my
          >> totalRecords value. Is this a known issue?

        • y_lsmith
          Message 4 of 10 , May 1, 2008
            Amir,

            Version 2.5.1 of DataSource introduced the metaFields collection. In
            version 2.5.0, the totalRecords identifier hangs directly off of the
            responseSchema object. Try
            SENRO.clientsearch.myDataSource.responseSchema = {
            resultsList: 'records',
            fields: getResponseSchemaFields(SENRO.clientsearch.columnDefs),
            totalRecords: 'totalRecords'
            };

            Note paginationRecordOffset and other magic meta were also introduced
            in 2.5.1 as well.

            Hope this helps,
            Luke

          • amirlaher
            Message 5 of 10 , May 2, 2008
              Aha! That clears up a lot of confusion - thanks Luke.
              This works beautifully.
              I've been reading the current documents (relating to 2.5.1), and didn't
              realise the differences in the specifications. I guess it's still in
              beta, so fair enough
              I will try to upgrade to 2.5.1 as soon as.
              Thanks very much,
              Amir

              --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "y_lsmith" <lsmith@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > > paginationEventHandler :
              > > YAHOO.widget.DataTable.handleDataSourcePagination,
              > > recordOffset: 0
              > > };
              > >
              > > I haven't posted the whole of the code because it's not for public
              > > consumption, let me know if you need more info.
              > >
              > > The hack I used to fix it was to store the totalRecords amount
              > > separately in the page, and hack together a different
              > > paginationEventHandler.
              > > I copied and pasted the handleSimplePagination and
              > > handleDataSourcePagination functions straight out of
              > > datatable-beta-debug.js, and hard-coded the totalRecords value into
              my
              > > modified handleSimplePagination function.
              > >
              > > I can live with this, but it's not ideal. I can't really figure out
              > > what's wrong with my setup that it's not taking note of my
              > > totalRecords value. Is this a known issue?

            • amirlaher
              Message 6 of 10 , May 2, 2008
                Cool, I've left those quotes in. The problem was elsewhere anyway (see
                Luke's response on this topic)

                I'm actually using Zend_Json to generate the JSON from php, so I
                really didn't want to hack at it, and I'm relieved to hear you say
                it's more compliant this way anyway