Container Overlay Issue in IE

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2008

      I'm creating container in IE via JS markup, if when I call render the
      HTML element I pass is nested inside a few layers of Div's I find that
      any other div's that are more senior in the DOM will "come through" my
      container regardless of z-index (on IE only).

      My work around was to make the element passed to render a more
      "senior" element in the tree. Does this make sense, are there better
      workarounds?

      Thanks.
    • Satyen Desai
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 30, 2008
        That would be the proper way to handle it.

        See the write up on stacking contexts (and how IE handles them differently from the other A-Grade browsers) here:

        http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/container/overlay/index.html#stack

        Regards,
        Satyen