using YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest to get files from local filesystem

  • aduston1976
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2006
      i noticed when using YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest to get files from
      my local filesystem with firefox on windows that the returned http
      status was 0, though the response text was correct. i was unable to
      use YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest to load the local file without
      altering the code. is there something that i'm missing? thank you very
      much. adam
    • Thomas S. Sha
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 27, 2006
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "aduston1976" <aduston@...> wrote:

        > i noticed when using YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest to get files from
        > my local filesystem with firefox on windows that the returned http
        > status was 0, though the response text was correct. i was unable to
        > use YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest to load the local file without
        > altering the code. is there something that i'm missing? thank you very
        > much. adam

        Connection currently doesn't support the uploading of files, so it's
        nothing you're missing. It will be queued as a feature request.

        Regards,
        Thomas
      • Thomas S. Sha
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "aduston1976" <aduston@...> wrote:

          > i noticed when using YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest to get files from
          > my local filesystem with firefox on windows that the returned http
          > status was 0, though the response text was correct. i was unable to
          > use YAHOO.util.Connect.asyncRequest to load the local file without
          > altering the code. is there something that i'm missing? thank you very
          > much. adam

          This request in now in our feature queue. However, if you need
          something immediately or in the near future, I recommend having a look
          at Dojo's IFrameIO package.

          Regards,
          Thomas