Slider within an expandable/collapsible div

  • b.ellingson
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 25 2:34 PM
      I have a div to which I have applied an animation to expand and
      collapse its contents. Within this div I have 2 different sliders.
      The problem I am running into is when I collapse the div in IE7 the
      sliders do not disappear with the rest of the content. It works great
      if Firefox BTW. I'm wondering if anyone has tried to do something
      similar and been able to find a work around.

      I would appreciate any ideas or other insights.

      Thanks for your help and this wonderful tool!

      Regards,

      Brent
    • y_lsmith
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 28 11:59 AM
        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "b.ellingson" <b.ellingson@...>
        wrote:

        > I have a div to which I have applied an animation to expand and
        > collapse its contents. Within this div I have 2 different sliders.
        > The problem I am running into is when I collapse the div in IE7 the
        > sliders do not disappear with the rest of the content. It works great
        > if Firefox BTW. I'm wondering if anyone has tried to do something
        > similar and been able to find a work around.
        >
        > I would appreciate any ideas or other insights.
        >
        > Thanks for your help and this wonderful tool!
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Brent

        Brent, do you have a sample page we could look at?
      • b.ellingson
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 29 10:39 AM
          Sorry should have put a link up in the first post. Here it is
          http://www.lib.byu.edu/~bd123/testSlide.php

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 30 1:50 PM
            This looks like a stacking context issue.

            I believe adding position: relative to the element that will be
            collapsed should handle it (#demo).

            For more expert advice, you can submit the question to the css-discuss
            list at http://css-discuss.org (search their archives first, of course)

            Hope this helps,
            Luke

            Message 5 of 5 , May 1, 2008
              Thanks for the help Luke. Modifying the #demo class solved the problem.