How to filter the data in data table based on a selection in drop downs

  • traderashish
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 23 4:33 PM
      I have one dropdowns with status and another with person name. based on what values user
      selects I want to show data filtered by these values in yui datatable.

      What is best way to do it?
    • traderashish
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 23 5:43 PM
        Adding to my question:
        Something like this would be even better if it can be done in yui.

        http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/grid-filtering/grid-filter.html

        Ashish

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "traderashish"
        <traderashish@...> wrote:

        > I have one dropdowns with status and another with person name. based
        on what values user
        > selects I want to show data filtered by these values in yui datatable.
        >
        > What is best way to do it?

      • y_lsmith
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 24 8:35 AM
          You can accomplish the task a number of ways.  The best way depends on the specifics of your application.  I put together this example  of one pretty simple way.

          Hope this helps,
          Luke

          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "traderashish" <traderashish@...> wrote:

          > I have one dropdowns with status and another with person name. based on what values user
          > selects I want to show data filtered by these values in yui datatable.
          >
          > What is best way to do it?

        • traderashish
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 24 4:11 PM
            thanks that would help.

            1. Your example filters on the client side, I want to filter on server
            side. So the send request should have the filter criteria.
            2. I was hoping to put dropdown just above or in the title (label) of
            the column.

            I found another example. Here ZIP input is quite close to what I want.
            http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/examples/datatable/dt_autocomplete.html

            So combining your example with this, I should be able achieve what I want.

            Thanks a lot for your help.

            Ashish

            <http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v251/examples/datatable/filtered_dt.html\