DataTable Inline Cell Editing Refresh View After Edit

  • Tristan Putman
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2008
      I've been reading the forums and have found threads with similar problems, but none of the code suggestions seem to work.

      After I perform my asyncrequest to update my backend, the datatable still reflects the old value instead of showing the new value that was updated.

      I have added the following functions for the Save Event and the Refresh Row, and they are being called after my asyncrequest, but I'm not sure what I need to add to get the column key cell updated with the value that was typed in the cell editor.

      You can view this page at the following address:

      this.myDataTable.subscribe("editorSaveEvent", function(oArgs) {
        if (oArgs.newData != oArgs.oldData){
         var rec = oArgs.editor.record;

         //What goes here to update the cell that was edited?

        }
      });

      YAHOO.widget.DataTable.prototype.refreshRow = function(row) {
           var $D = YAHOO.util.Dom;
           $D.batch($D.getChildren(this.getTrEl(row)),this.formatCell,this,true);
      };

      Any help is appreciated.
      Tristan Putman

    • rashmeep2000
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1 10:03 PM
        HI,

        Can you please tell me/show code where u are trying to send the
        modified data to back end for updation?...please let me know..

        thanks.

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Tristan Putman"

        Message 3 of 3 , May 2 2:29 AM
          This article deals with updating the database

          http://yuiblog.com/blog/2007/09/26/satyam-datatable-2