Re: [ydn-javascript] Any reason this site is not a Forum?

  • Eric Miraglia
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 4, 2008
      Brian,

      Sorry to be slow in responding -- I wanted to sit down with the YDN team and make sure I had the right information for you.

      The solution that we're migrating to is a pure bulletin board system.  It will not allow posts-by-email at launch, but it will allow you to subscribe by email to specific forms and specific topics in both message and digest mode.  When you want to post, you'll need to do that on the forum through your browser.

      Their timeline right now calls for a release in early June -- so a bit later than I reported in my previous message.  We'll migrate as soon as we can after that launch.

      Having specific boards for specific YUI components will be a big improvement over where we are today; it should make it much easier to find information that you're looking for.  And you'll still be able to subscribe to the full proceedings of all the forums, so the current style of interaction (sans email posting) will be retained for those who prefer it.

      Regards,
      Eric

      --Brian Jackson