Objects not being placed at the top left corner

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2008
      I am struggling trying to get a Panel and a Menubar to justify to the
      upper left corner of the browser window. Once they are rendered in the
      browser, they both have positioning set to LEFT:8 TOP:8.

      I have tried to fix this with CSS positioning but it doesn't seem to
      work. I can correct the panel by doing a "moveTo" after I render it,
      but that is kludgy and doesn't work for the MenuBar.

      I am using the SAM skin and customizations.

      Any ideas?
    • Todd Kloots
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2008
        Hi Greg -

        The Overlay class defines a constant
        (YAHOO.widget.Overlay.VIEWPORT_OFFSET) that controls the minimum
        distance an Overlay instance should be positioned relative to the
        boundaries of the browser's viewport, in pixels. By default it is set
        to 10. If you want to position your Panel or MenuBar right against the
        viewport edge, set this constant to 0:

        YAHOO.widget.Overlay.VIEWPORT_OFFSET = 0

        - Todd

        Greg wrote:

        > I am struggling trying to get a Panel and a Menubar to justify to the
        > upper left corner of the browser window. Once they are rendered in the
        > browser, they both have positioning set to LEFT:8 TOP:8.
        >
        > I have tried to fix this with CSS positioning but it doesn't seem to
        > work. I can correct the panel by doing a "moveTo" after I render it,
        > but that is kludgy and doesn't work for the MenuBar.
        >
        > I am using the SAM skin and customizations.
        >
        > Any ideas?

      • Greg
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 3, 2008
          Thank you so much. I am too embarrassed to tell you how many days I
          have spent trying to manipulate this with CSS.

          It works perfectly now.