A MenuBar, and a seperate DataTable issue.

  • allanbjork
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2008
      Hello,

      I've created a MenuBar with submenus in script, and under FireFox
      (2.0.0.13), when the mouse passes over the MenuBar, firebug trips on
      line 2508 of menu.js (YUI 2.5.1):

      if (!Dom.isAncestor(oItem.element, Event.getRelatedTarget(oEvent))) {

      oItem and "getRelatedTarget" are both undefined.

      It works ok with IE6. (Example code link is at bottom of message.)

      The DataTable issue occurs with IE6.

      The DataTables are contained within subpages loaded into IFrames,
      which in turn or held in a resizable Panel. When you close the
      panel, the cell and table borders of the DataTable remain on the
      screen. (Firefox works as expected, nothing remains.)

      Is there a setting needed to clean up the DataTable borders in IE6?

      Example code for both issues can be found here:

      http://www.umich.edu/~allan/yui/tableInIFrame/resizeNoHide.html

      Thanks!

      --Allan
    • allanbjork
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2008
        I was just able to confirm that the DataTable borders remain after
        panel close in IE7 as well.

        Also, in both IE6 and IE7, the area occupied by theo orphaned border
        lines, trap events in that area, and anything underneath is not getting
        them.

        --Allan
      • allanbjork
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2008
          --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "allanbjork" <allan@...> wrote:

          > The DataTable issue occurs with IE6.
          >
          > The DataTables are contained within subpages loaded into IFrames,
          > which in turn or held in a resizable Panel. When you close the
          > panel, the cell and table borders of the DataTable remain on the
          > screen. (Firefox works as expected, nothing remains.)
          >
          > Is there a setting needed to clean up the DataTable borders in IE6?
          >
          > Example code for both issues can be found here:
          >
          > http://www.umich.edu/~allan/yui/tableInIFrame/resizeNoHide.html

          Okay, I solved the issue of having the ghostly DataTable
          borders/event trapping. I had to add a handler for the Panel's
          beforeHideEvent, that explicitly called removeChild on the IFrame
          hosted by the Panel.

          The example code has been updated to reflect this.

          So, that leaves just the MenuBar bug.

          --Allan
        • Todd Kloots
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3, 2008
            Allan -

            The Menu bug is a known issue. There is an open SourceForge bug with
            complete details as well as a patch that I have provided that will fix
            this issue:

            https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=836476&aid=1926120&group_id=165715

            Expect this to be fixed in the next relase of Menu.

            - Todd