Need a new IDE

  • jacob.fogg
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
      Hey everyone, I have been using eclipse/PDT/Aptana as my IDE using
      SFTP Drive to handle the SFTP connection for over a year now, and
      frankly, I am tired of the quirkiness of this setup... I don't know if
      it's just Eclipse, just SFTP Drive, or a combination of the two...
      Whatever it is, I have had enough!!!!

      So, I am coming to you all, for suggestions on what you consider the
      best connection/IDE setup.

      My requirements are simple, SFTP support and built-in
      auto-complete/function-hinting for PHP & JavaScript. (and of course
      the basics like code coloring, I figured that is a given)

      I have no problem buying something if it is stable and useful.

      Thanks for your thoughts!

      Jacob
    • Bryce Fischer

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2008
          We are using Zend Studio for Eclipse with Aptana. Zend's version of PDT
          is much more stable and feature rich.