Re: [ydn-javascript] Growing Menu IE Bug?

  • Todd Kloots
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2008
      "beatenbyrobots" -

      The problem here is the Menu shadow. In order to provide shadow support
      for the Menu's default "Sam" skin, I had to manage the sizing of the
      shadow through script. If you are creating your own custom skin and
      don't want your menus to have a shadow, then simply hide the shadow
      element via CSS. This will solve the IE 6 issue. Here is an example:

      http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v251/examples/menu/example02.html

      If you DO want your custom skin to have a shadow, I have created a patch
      that corrects the shadow sizing error. Here is an example of how to use
      the patch:

      http://yuiblog.com/sandbox/yui/v251/examples/menu/example03.html

      Of course, you'll still need to provide the necessary custom style
      definition for your shadow.

      - Todd