datatable server paging datasource problem

  • kjmapper
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2008
      Hi - I cannot get the datatable server paging example to work:

      If double click the html file in windows explorer:

      C:\yui\examples\datatable\paginator_datatable_serverpaging_clean.html

      ... the grid just says "Loading data..." and never changes.

      If run from my web server:

      http://myserver/test/paginator_datatable_serverpaging_clean.html

      ... the grid just says "data error" and never changes.

      I have made no chagnes, just downloaded YUI and tried it out. Whats
      the trick to get this exaxmple to work?

      Thanks,
      JB
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5, 2008
        The server-side examples require an active PHP interpreter. If you click on
        the .html file, the request doesn't go through the web server, which is the
        one that launches the PHP interpreter for the page, so the page remains
        waiting for something that won't ever happen, no server, no reply. If you
        do it through the wev server but you don't have PHP installed, you would
        either get the code of the PHP page instead of the results of executing it,
        or an error message, or a prompt asking you whether you want to open or save
        it as a file of unknown type. That message would b user-friendly, but not
        JSON.