CSS grids: is there a recommended way to add css to grids?

  • Jim Byrne
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1 5:59 AM

      I'm been looking at the YUI CSS grids and would like to adopt the
      approach for a project - but I'm a bit lost as to how I add my own
      styles to the basic grids. I don't mean I don't know how to use CSS, I
      mean what's the best way to apply my own css rules to an existing grid?

      Is there a recommended approach?

      Do I just use the existing id's as hooks for my own extra padding,
      background images, colours and so on? Will this break the grid?

      I've done some searching and browsed the YUI website but can't find
      anything that points me in the right direction.

      Your help is appreciated. Thanks.

      All the best,
      Jim
    • Nate Koechley
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1 3:59 PM
        Hey Jim,

        The simple and surefire way is to treat Grids as a blank shell: Put
        your HTML inside of Grids' and style only your HTML.

        Of course it is possible to add your design's CSS to Grids' nodes
        directly. Doing so may be somewhat more efficient (in terms of page
        weight, etc), but may introduce some risk (if you change width,
        border, margin, padding, position, float, display ... .)

        Thanks,
        Nate