Re: [ydn-javascript] Re: Shut down Chart before removal ?

  • Sanjiv Jivan
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 31, 2008
      Same issue here. Removing the chart's DIV from the DOM directly results in the same error previously mentioned. Is there a workaround / solution for this?

      Thanks,
      Sanjiv

      On 1/25/08, tntnashtm123 <nash.rsa@...> wrote:

      --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Josh Tynjala" <jtynjala@...>
      wrote:

      > There's no special way to "shut it down". I think you'd be safe simply
      > removing the div.
      >

      > Josh Tynjala
      >
      > Yahoo! Flash Platform
      >

      > ________________________________

      I get the following from FireBug if I delete the parent div

      this._swf.setDataProvider is not a function
      _loadDataHandler("", Object results=[6] tId=9,
      undefined)charts-experiment... (line 878)
      handleResponse("", Document , function(), Chart yuigen5 _queue=[0]
      _events=Object _configs=Object, 9)datasource-beta-m... (line 8)
      DataSource(Object tId=9 status=200 statusText=OK)datasource-beta-m...
      (line 7)
      setProgId(Object conn=XMLHttpRequest tId=9, Object scope=DataSource
      instance0 timeout=0, undefined)connection-min.js (line 7)
      setProgId()connection-min.js (line 7)
      [Break on this error] this._swf.setDataProvider(dataProvider,
      styleChanged);

      regards
      Tim

    • Josh Tynjala
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 31, 2008

        I’ve added a simple destroy() function that kills all DataSource listeners and removes the SWF from the DOM, which seems to work fine. It should be available in the next version of YUI.

        Josh Tynjala
        Yahoo!

        target="_blank">ydn-javascript@ yahoogroups. com
        target="_blank">ydn-javascript@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of tntnashtm123
        > Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 2:21 AM
        > To:
        target="_blank">ydn-javascript@ yahoogroups. com
        > Subject: [ydn-javascript] Shut down
        class=st>Chart before removal ?

        > Hi
        >
        > To dynamically remove
        class=q> a chart how do I "shut it down" ? before I
        > remove
        class=q> its parent div ?

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 31, 2008
          Great, thanks. Any scheduled date for the next release?

          Sanjiv