RE: [ydn-javascript] Bar Charts - Is is possible to set style?

  • Josh Tynjala
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2008

      Styling a BarChart works for me with version 2.5.0.

      Your SWFURL should look like the following:
      http://yui.yahooapis.com/2.5.0/build/charts/assets/charts.swf

      Notice that the URL you posted specified 2.4.1, which is probably incompatible with the 2.5.0 JavaScript files.

      Josh Tynjala
      Yahoo!

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 31, 2008
        Thanks for the reply. I have made sure that my SWFURL and javascript
        files are all 2.5.0. For good measure I made sure I was loading the
        javascript files in the order specified on the Charts page of the
        Yahoo Developer's site. I'm still seeing the same behavior: a chart
        that is otherwise working fine renders nothing as soon as I add a
        style attribute to the series definition. Below is an example of a
        broken version:

        var salesSeries =
        [
        {
        xField: "SalesYTD",
        displayName: "Sales YTD",
        style: {color: 0x00ff00}
        },
        {
        xField: "SalesLY",
        displayName: "Sales Last Year",
        style: {color: 0x00ff00}
        }
        ];

        I get the same result if the style attribute is empty (style: {}).
        Can you give me an example of how this should look for a bar chart?
        Do I have to specify more values than just color? Thanks again for
        your help.

        Tim
      • Josh Tynjala
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 31, 2008

          The code you posted looks 100% correct. There is nothing different about BarChart when specifying series styles. Can you post the URL of a page that demonstrates the problem?

          Josh Tynjala
          Yahoo!

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 10, 2008
            --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "Josh Tynjala" <jtynjala@...>
            wrote:

            > The code you posted looks 100% correct. There is nothing different about
            > BarChart when specifying series styles. Can you post the URL of a page
            > that demonstrates the problem?
            >
            > Josh Tynjala
            > Yahoo!

            Hi Tim

            Did you resolve the issue ?

            I have the same problem with line chart since 2.5.0 - if I comment
            out the style code it works fine.

            thanks
            TMN