DataTable Issue -- theadCellDblclickEvent is not firing.

  • allanbjork
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 28, 2008
      Hey All,

      I'm trying to trap double clicks on the headers to a DataTable, but
      my handler is not getting called. Instead the sort direction gets
      toggled.

      Example code here:

      http://www-personal.umich.edu/~allan/yui/dtThDblClick/dblclickTest.html

      Can someone take a look at it, and see if I've set something up
      wrong, or does having the sort turned on take over all click events for
      the column headers?

      Thanks.

      --Allan
    • y_lsmith
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2008
        Allan,

        Thanks for supplying a simplified test page!

        The sort handler is stopping the individual click events, preventing the dblclick event from firing.

        Working around this is non-trivial, but an interesting exercise.    I threw together an example page  using your sample page as a starter.

        Hope this helps,
        Luke

        --- In ydn-javascript@yahoogroups.com, "allanbjork" <allan@...> wrote:

        > Hey All,
        >
        > I'm trying to trap double clicks on the headers to a DataTable, but
        > my handler is not getting called. Instead the sort direction gets
        > toggled.
        >
        > Example code here:
        >
        > http://www-personal.umich.edu/~allan/yui/dtThDblClick/dblclickTest.html
        >
        > Can someone take a look at it, and see if I've set something up
        > wrong, or does having the sort turned on take over all click events for
        > the column headers?
        >
        > Thanks.
        >
        > --Allan

      • allanbjork