Specifying document context?

  • davidilieberman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2006
      Hi, all --

      Apologies if this has already been discussed -- For reasons having to
      dow with handling of content overflow, I've opted for a UI design that
      allows components to interact with one another across a frameset. The
      challenge this raises is that the YAHOO.util.Dom API always assumes
      calls to Dom elements within a single document object. Most of the
      difficulties surrounding this issue have, of course, been corrected
      with the option to call most .Dom functions against elements as well
      as elementId values. What would complete the package for me would be
      an element retrieval call like .Dom.getInDocument(elementId, document)
      that performs all of the same normalizations as the current
      .Dom.get(elementId).

      Thanks!
      David Lieberman
      Sr. Software Egr.