Changing layout of tree view

  • moreejt
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 14, 2006
      I'd like to use the tree view widget but I want the labels to be at
      the bottom instead of the top. Is this easy to do? or does it
      require a new procedure to be coded? perhaps a switch to the current
      methods?
    • Adam Moore
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 14, 2006
        On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 09:31:48PM -0000, moreejt wrote:
        > I'd like to use the tree view widget but I want the labels to be at
        > the bottom instead of the top. Is this easy to do? or does it
        > require a new procedure to be coded? perhaps a switch to the current
        > methods?

        Can you elaborate on this a bit? The labels should be at the bottom rather
        than the top of what?

        The best way to tweak the presentation of the nodes is to create a copy of
        the provided style sheet (css/default/tree.css in the distribution) and
        modify the associated styles to suit your needs. ygtvitem and ygtvchildren
        are containers you may want apply additional styles to, and ygtvlabel is the
        href that contains the label for TextNode node implementations.

        Another approach would be to use YAHOO.util.HTMLNode instead of TextNode,
        which allows for additional presentational markup. For a completely
        custom presentation, you could even create your own YAHOO.util.Node
        subclass.

        -Adam
      • JeremiahMor�ffffe9e
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 14, 2006
          > Can you elaborate on this a bit? The labels should
          > be at the bottom rather than the top of what?

          of everything. Every tree shows the contents below
          the label. I'd like the contents to show up above the
          labels.

          > The best way to tweak the presentation of the nodes
          > is to create a copy of
          I don't see anything in the css that would allow for
          (nor do I know of any way CSS could) change the
          position in the DOM where objects are inserted.

          > Another approach would be to use YAHOO.util.HTMLNode
          > instead of TextNode, which allows for additional

          > custom presentation, you could even create your own
          > YAHOO.util.Node
          > subclass.

          I'll look into those. Thank you,

          http://mail.yahoo.com