Panels not vertically centered in IE 5.5

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 5 7:11 AM
      Hi guys, does anyone know a fix for this?

      When my Panels are init'd in IE 5.5 on a Windows 98 machine (the
      client is stocked with 98's and IE 5.5 for whatever reason) the Panel
      popup comes up at the top of the window. So if my button or init call
      is towards the bottom the only indication I have of it working is to
      either scroll up or set modal to true and check to see the page is
      grayed out.

      Is there a fix to show the Panel in IE 5.5 the same way it displays in
      other more modern browser versions (i.e. stays centered when
      scrolling/resizing)?

      Thanks.
    • Steven Peterson
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 5 10:30 AM

        Out of curiosity, are you using a strict DOCTYPE? Also, can you verify if you’re seeing the same issue with the centered Panels in the YUI examples?

        Thanks!

        Steven Peterson

        Web Developer, Platform Engineering

        Yahoo!

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 5 11:08 AM
          DOCTYPE:

          And yes, I did verify that the same issue exists on the YUI examples page.

          <peterson@...> wrote:

          > Out of curiosity, are you using a strict DOCTYPE? Also, can you
          verify if
          > you're seeing the same issue with the centered Panels in the YUI
          examples?

          > Thanks!
          >

          > Steven Peterson
          >
          > Web Developer, Platform Engineering
          >
          > Yahoo!

        • Dave
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 5 11:44 AM
            I've found a quick solution.

            In container.js in the function,
            YAHOO.widget.Overlay.prototype.center, there's a var scrollX and
            scrollY. Add another or branch to the beginning like this:

            Before:
            var scrollX = window.scrollX || document.documentElement.scrollLeft;
            var scrollY = window.scrollY || document.documentElement.scrollTop;

            After:
            var scrollX = document.body.scrollLeft || window.scrollX ||
            document.documentElement.scrollLeft;
            var scrollY = document.body.scrollTop || window.scrollY ||
            document.documentElement.scrollTop;

            Do you see a problem with this one Steven?