Select bleeds through calendar element.

  • Ask me to know.
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 24, 2006
      Has anyone figured out how to stop this from happening?
    • Steven Peterson
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 24, 2006

        Hi,

        The simplest way to do this (to fix this Internet Explorer-related issue) is to wire up an absolutely positioned transparent iframe behind the Calendar’s floating DIV. This will be built-in in a future release. If you search for “select”, “z-index”, and “internet explorer” on Yahoo! Search, you should come up with some more details and examples of this.

        Steven Peterson

        Web Developer, Platform Engineering

        Yahoo!

        Has anyone figured out how to stop this from happening?

      • Bill Stanton
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 24, 2006
          Hi Steven
          Believe you sent message to wrong address.
          I didn't ask this question.
          Regards,
          Bill Stanton (mr_marstan)
          Marstan Technical Services

          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 24, 2006

            Bill,

            Everyone receives all emails from the list if they are subscribed. You can change your settings in Yahoo! Groups to turn that feature off if you’d like to not receive emails as they come through.

            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 24, 2006
              Yeah, I know about this "hack," but I was seeing if there was
              another way someone knew about.

              I do have another question.

              Can you help me tie two calendars together? I want to restrict 2
              calendar2up's to each other where one can't be before. The problem
              is, I have yet to figure out how to set the minDate property on a
              calender2up.

              <peterson@...> wrote:

              > Hi,
              >

              > The simplest way to do this (to fix this Internet Explorer-related
              issue) is
              > to wire up an absolutely positioned transparent iframe behind the
              Calendar's
              > floating DIV. This will be built-in in a future release. If you
              search for
              > "select", "z-index", and "internet explorer" on Yahoo! Search, you
              should
              > come up with some more details and examples of this.
              >

              > Steven Peterson
              >
              > Web Developer, Platform Engineering
              >
              > Yahoo!
              >
              > _____

              t=ms&k=C+programming+language&w1=C+programming

              +language&w2=Computer+programming+languages&w3=Java+programming+langu
              age&w4=

              The+c+programming+language&w5=C+++programming+language&w6=Concept+of+
              program
              > ming+language&c=6&s=194&.sig=lC1PxfzvANy_Br-nPkXYTA> programming
              language

              > Computer
              > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
              t=ms&k=Computer+programming+languages&w1=C+pro

              gramming+language&w2=Computer+programming+languages&w3=Java+programmi
              ng+lang

              uage&w4=The+c+programming+language&w5=C+++programming+language&w6=Con
              cept+of
              > +programming+language&c=6&s=194&.sig=7XFXh-0Mon1IfLuOVlwvdg>
              programming
              > languages
              >
              > Java
              > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
              t=ms&k=Java+programming+language&w1=C+programm

              ing+language&w2=Computer+programming+languages&w3=Java+programming+la
              nguage&

              w4=The+c+programming+language&w5=C+++programming+language&w6=Concept+
              of+prog
              > ramming+language&c=6&s=194&.sig=UITodqn0qTCUcae_mpRQog>
              programming
              > language
              >

              > The
              > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
              t=ms&k=The+c+programming+language&w1=C+program

              ming+language&w2=Computer+programming+languages&w3=Java+programming+l
              anguage

              &w4=The+c+programming+language&w5=C+++programming+language&w6=Concept
              +of+pro
              > gramming+language&c=6&s=194&.sig=xnZC2-BzDSLhhir3MLtssg> c
              programming
              > language

              t=ms&k=C+++programming+language&w1=C+programmi

              ng+language&w2=Computer+programming+languages&w3=Java+programming+lan
              guage&w

              4=The+c+programming+language&w5=C+++programming+language&w6=Concept+o
              f+progr
              > amming+language&c=6&s=194&.sig=RTzTl3BOJWbWK14CdUrO0w>
              programming language

              > Concept
              > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?
              t=ms&k=Concept+of+programming+language&w1=C+pr

              ogramming+language&w2=Computer+programming+languages&w3=Java+programm
              ing+lan

              guage&w4=The+c+programming+language&w5=C+++programming+language&w6=Co
              ncept+o
              > f+programming+language&c=6&s=194&.sig=x4ueM0tA417JDq3ckdJ9CQ> of
              > programming language
              >

              > _____
              >
              > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
              >

              > * Visit your group "ydn-javascript
              > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ydn-javascript> " on the web.

              subject=Unsubscribe>

              > _____

            • Nige White
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 27, 2006
                Ask me to know. wrote:

                > Yeah, I know about this "hack," but I was seeing if there was
                > another way someone knew about.

                There is:

                In the function which shows the calendar do this:

                if (isIE) // boolean set if we're on IE
                {
                this.hiddenSelects = new Array();

                // Get the rectangle occupied by this calendar.
                var r = YAHOO.util.Dom.getRegion(this);

                // Hide any selects which intersect
                var selects = document.getElementsByTagName("select");
                for (var i = 0; i < selects.length; i++)
                {
                if (r.intersect(YAHOO.util.Dom.getRegion(selects[i])))
                {
                selects[i].style.visibility = "hidden";
                this.hiddenSelects.push(selects[i]);

                And in the function which hides it, do this:

                if (isIE)
                {
                for (var i = 0; i < this.hiddenSelects.length; i++)
                this.hiddenSelects[i].style.visibility = "";
                }

                Most people won't notice a select which is beneath your popup
                disappearing for a while, and then reappearing. Works for us.

                Nige

                e-mail : hostmaster@...
              • capitan
                Message 7 of 13 , Apr 25, 2006
                  I've implemented the iFrame solution for the IE form SELECT problem.
                  I need to hide the iFrame however when the user closes the Calendar by
                  not selecting a date but by hitting the close button.

                  How might I go about setting up a function callback for the Close
                  button on the Calendar? Is there an event for this? I didn't see one
                  in the docs.

                  Thanks for any help,
                  Tyler
                • Steven Peterson
                  Message 8 of 13 , Apr 25, 2006

                    Tyler,

                    You should use the Event utility to wire up an additional handler for the close link using your callback function. Something like this should work:

                    YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(yourCloseLinkElement, “click”, yourCallbackFunction);

                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 26, 2006
                      I'm kind of a newb to the Yahoo API. I'm not sure where to put this
                      line of code. I have an init function that creates the control like this:

                      calendarID = new YAHOO.widget.Calendar2up(params);
                      calendarID.setChildFunction("onSelect", keySetDate);
                      calendarID.render();

                      I'm guessing that I need to add this event listener here. Something
                      like this:

                      YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(yourCloseLinkElement, "click",
                      yourCallbackFunction);

                      However, the yourCloseLinkElement isn't my element it is the Yahoo
                      Calendar's linkClose for the X on the Calendar. It is found in
                      Yahoo's Javascript:

                      YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(linkClose,"click",this.hide,this);

                      And it doesn't have an ID on it. I'm surprised that Yahoo didn't wire
                      up an event for this, they did the onSelect and onPageChange but not
                      onClose.

                      Any ideas on how I would get the linkClose element?

                      Thanks,
                      Tyler

                      <peterson@...> wrote:

                      > Tyler,
                      >

                      > You should use the Event utility to wire up an additional handler
                      for the
                      > close link using your callback function. Something like this should
                      work:

                      > YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(yourCloseLinkElement, "click",
                      > yourCallbackFunction);
                      >

                      > Steven Peterson
                      >
                      > Web Developer, Platform Engineering
                      >
                      > Yahoo!
                      >
                      > _____

                    • Steven Peterson
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 26, 2006

                        Tyler,

                        Look in the Calendar2up js code for this line:

                        YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(linkClose, "click", this.hide, this);

                        You can add your listener right after that one, and you should be all set. Please let me know if that takes care of your issue.

                        Thanks!!

                        <peterson@...> wrote:

                        > Tyler ,
                        >

                        > You should use the Event utility to wire up an additional handler
                        for the
                        > close link using your callback function. Something like this should
                        work:

                        > YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(yourCloseLinkElement, "click",
                        > yourCallbackFunction);
                        >

                        > Steven Peterson
                        >
                        > Web Developer, Platform Engineering
                        >
                        > Yahoo!
                        >
                        >   _____

                        Terms of Service.

                        >   _____

                      • capitan
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 26, 2006
                          Adding a listener to the source code almost solves my problem. The
                          problem I still have is deciding which calendar on the page called the
                          close. I added this as a listener:

                          YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(linkClose, "click", myFunction, this);

                          But I expected the Calendar object to come in as the parameter. I was
                          hoping to call:

                          param.id

                          to get the calendar id that called the close. However I noticed that
                          the object that is passed in is an event parameter object. In fact
                          when I added this as my listener I got the same object:

                          YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(linkClose, "click", myFunction, null);

                          Anyways I need some way of getting at the calendar id so I can hide
                          the correct iFrame. This is why I was hoping that I could set a call
                          back in my Init JavaScript that I build on the fly for each Calendar
                          object on the page.

                          Your help is much appreciated.
                          Tyler

                          <peterson@...> wrote:

                          > Tyler,
                          >

                          > Look in the Calendar2up js code for this line:
                          >

                          > YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(linkClose, "click", this.hide, this);
                          >

                          > You can add your listener right after that one, and you should be
                          all set.
                          > Please let me know if that takes care of your issue.
                          >

                          > Thanks!!
                          >

                          > Steven Peterson
                          >
                          > Web Developer, Platform Engineering
                          >
                          > Yahoo!
                          >
                          > _____

                        • Steven Peterson
                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 27, 2006

                            Tyler,

                            In this case: YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(linkClose, "click", myFunction, this);

                            Your argument is “this”, and there is no scope correction happening. This means that in “myFunction” you can get the id of the calendar like this:

                            var myFunction = function(e, obj) {

                               // e is the event, obj is the calendar

                               var id = obj.id;

                            }

                            That should allow you to get the ID. Please let me know how that works out for you.

                            <peterson@...> wrote:

                            > Tyler ,
                            >

                            > Look in the Calendar2up js code for this line:
                            >

                            > YAHOO.util.Event.addListener(linkClose, "click", this.hide,
                            this);

                            > You can add your listener right after that one, and you should be
                            all set.
                            > Please let me know if that takes care of your issue.
                            >

                            > Thanks!!
                            >

                            > Steven Peterson
                            >
                            > Web Developer, Platform Engineering
                            >
                            > Yahoo!
                            >
                            >   _____

                          • capitan
                            Message 13 of 13 , Apr 27, 2006
                              Hey Steven,

                              Brilliant!! Thanks for helping me out on this. That was exactly what
                              I needed. My callback function declaration only had one parameter not
                              two so I wasn't getting the calendar object.

                              var myFunction = function(e){}

                              As soon as I went to a declaration with two parameters I got the event
                              object and the calendar object so I could do this:

                              var myFunction = function(e, obj){
                              var iFrameID = obj.id + "iFrame";
                              var iFrame = document.getElementById(iFrameID);
                              iFrame.style.display = 'none';
                              }

                              Thanks again,
                              Tyler